- Being a carer isn’t easy
- People identify with those they care for
- Reading list: The Impact of Physical Illness on Professional Relationships
- Julia Segal Publications: books
- Julia Segal: Publications: Papers
- Julia Segal: Unpublished papers available
- Relationships in MS… Notes for a talk.
- Whose disability?
Category Archives: professional health workers
How many people are living with some undiagnosed, unrecognised, neurological problem or disability which caused them difficulty at home and at school? How many people were told they were stupid, or felt they were stupid, when they had a problem … Continue reading →
The Trouble with Illness: How Illness and Disability Affect Relationships is being published by Jessica Kingsley on 21st Jun 2017. I spent the last summer writing it, discovering files which were dated 2007 in the process; at last it’s coming … Continue reading →
We want the NHS to be an Ideal Carer (see previous blog). The Francis Report into the failure of care at the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust stated that ‘patient care is at the very centre of the NHS, and no … Continue reading →