- Being a carer isn’t easy
- People identify with those they care for
- Reading list: The Impact of Physical Illness on Professional Relationships
- Julia Segal Publications: books
- Julia Segal: Publications: Papers
- Julia Segal: Unpublished papers available
- Relationships in MS… Notes for a talk.
- Whose disability?
Author Archives: thetroublewithillness
Hilary Mantel, The Princess Myth: ‘Mourning is work. It is not simply being sad. It is naming your pain. It is witnessing the sorrow of others, drawing out the shape of loss. It is natural and necessary and there is no … Continue reading
Using a stick (a cane, if you are American) outside for the first time is one of the harder transitions for someone with multiple sclerosis. There is a long period between needing a stick and actually buying one or accepting … Continue reading
I am writing a chapter about counselling people with mild cognitive impairments: Working with people with mild neurocognitive disorders (mild NCD) or mild cognitive impairments (MCI) for a book: Theory & Practice of psychoanalytic psychotherapy in dementia. Eds Sandra Evans, Jane … Continue reading